Plans for International Students
When travelling outside of your home country, your government health care plans don`t travel with you. Health care costs in Canada are very expensive. Hospitals can charge thousands of dollars per day, with many Canadian hospitals charging a non-resident fee to patients not covered under a government health insurance plan. International Student Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance helps protect you and your family from unexpected costs due to a medical emergency while you are studying in Canada. We will be there to make certain you get the care you need.
Ideal if you are :
- ENROLLED IN AT LEAST 60% OF THE REQUIRED COURSES FOR A SPECIFIC PROGRAM AT A CANADIAN SCHOOL, COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OR ACCREDITED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
- A TEMPORARY RESIDENT OF CANADA WITHOUT ANY GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE COVERAGE
- HAVE COMPLETED YOUR STUDIES AND REMAIN UP TO A YEAR IN CANADA TO WORK IN THE FIELD OF YOUR STUDIES
- WOULD LIKE COVERAGE UNDER YOUR POLICY FOR DEPENDENTS LIVING WITH YOU
Features and benefits
- EMERGENCY HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL COVERAGE
- 24/7 ACCESS TO MULTI-LINGUAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
- AFFORDABLE ALL-IN-ONE HOSPITAL, MEDICAL AND EXTENDED HEALTH CARE SOLUTION
- TWO PLANS TO CHOOSE FROM FOR FLEXIBLE, CONVENIENT COVERAGE
The following is a summary of coverage included in the overall maximum of $2 million per insured person.
The following benefits have an overall combined maximum $10,000.
Ambulance services; private duty nursing; radiology; physiotherapist; osteopath; podiatrist; chiropractor; rental of wheelchair, crutches, hospital bed. Purchase of splints, trusses, braces, prosthetic appliances. Oxygen and equipment for its administration, blood and blood plasma.
Enhanced Plan - The following benefits are in addition to the benefits included in the Standard Plan
- 90 DAY STABILITY CLAUSE FOR PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- MATERNITY BENEFITS UP TO $10,000
- PSYCHOLOGIST AND PSYCHIATRIC CARE BENEFIT
- INPATIENT: $10,000; OUTPATIENT: $1,000
For more information please view our International Student FAQ.